Pokémon Sapphire Wedlocke, Part 42: Training For Winona! (Training Episode)
Welcome to Marriland’s Pokémon Sapphire RAINBOW Wedlocke, which is a variant of a Nuzlocke (see rules below)! In this TRAINING episode, Rainbow finishes up her lucky streak in the Game Corner in order to pick up Ice Beam, then trains up her Pokémon so they’re ready to take on the Fortree Gym!
NOTE: This is just a TRAINING episode. No plot progression is made, so you can feel free to skip this episode unless you’d like to have some chill times on in the background or like hearing me talk about stuff while training.
This is a STREAM ARCHIVE from my Twitch channel. Want to catch my Sapphire Wedlocke streams LIVE? I stream the Sapphire Wedlocke series on TUESDAYS, THURSDAYS and SUNDAYS at 4:00pm–7:00pm CDT over on my Twitch channel!
SCHEDULE (should be localized to your time zone):
SHARE YOUR ART W/ OTHER MARRILANDERS:
Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire were the first main series Pokémon games for the Game Boy Advance, released in the US in 2003. Although most people would choose to play Emerald, I’ve already done a Nuzlocke on Emerald and have played through on a Wedlocke in Omega Ruby, so Sapphire seemed like the most logical choice to tackle a new style of Wedlocke on!
• Fainted Pokémon are considered dead and must be released.
• I can only catch the first encounter on any route/area, except for « dupes » (and Pokémon that are guaranteed unpairable with the current team if it is not full).
• Everything needs to be nicknamed.
• Pokémon are paired up into pairs based on their gender and nature determining compatibility. Please see the full explanation for more information!
• Cannot deposit Pokémon into the PC.
• Level limit: 15 (Roxanne), 18 (Brawly), 23 (Wattson), 28 (Flannery), 31 (Norman), 34 (Winona), 40 (Tate & Liza), 45 (Wallace), 55 (Pre-Elite Four). Most are based on the upcoming Gym Leader’s highest level Pokémon, but some are modified.
• No BAG Items in BATTLE (other than kinds of Poké Balls), except on « Ace » Pokémon (Preference: None). Held Items are fine. Items outside of battle are fine.
• My starter counts as my Littleroot Town encounter. That’s where it’s actually given to me as that’s where I nickname it. This is just how I play Hoenn games.
• Safari Zone will be explained later.
VANILLA WEDLOCKE RULES VIDEO:
You may notice things on the layout:
• Twitch « cheers » and « bits » are things that users can do to help say thanks. Twitch pays content creators real world moneys for these bits, so users that cheer with bits are super nice! Thanks cheerers for the bits! There are no incentives or rewards, and the « Bonus Hour » in previous series is no more: you get three hours every stream!
• Twitch « followers » are like YouTube « subscribers », where they get notified when I go live. However, TWITCH « subscribers » are different from YouTube ones: Twitch subs (subscribers) chip in an amount per month which gives them benefits in chat, and gives them the chance to nickname my Pokémon, but they also help support me with their subscriptions, so they’re super cool people!
Lastly, while I do try my best to keep things PG, I have no control over what people in the chat say and may not be able to keep user-submitted content (posts, messages, usernames, etc.) PG. By watching this video, there is a chance you may see text that is not PG, and you will not hold me accountable for it. Apologies in advance should that happen.
MUSIC SOMETIMES USED FOR DEATH SCENES:
« Wounded » Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0
Subscribing and liking this video if you enjoyed it is a big help and of course appreciated, but if you also want to follow Marriland outside of YouTube, here’s my Twitter for you to follow:
Find more of my Twitch stream archives on my second channel, More Marriland (yes, it’s back!):
Also if you’d like to help support me even further, check out my Patreon: