8-Minute Ab Workout – Best Exercises To Tighten Your Stomach And Tone Your Six Pack
A fast, 8-minute ab workout you can do anytime anywhere. Work your stomach and core fast with 8 great ab exercises that train your abs from every angle. This workout is perfect for upper abs, lower abs, obliques, and the deepest abdominal layer. So let’s get to work.
FREE 7-day healthy eating and workout plan delivered daily right to your inbox! Click here to get started today:
8-Minute Ab Workout
Crunches – great exercise to work your upper abs.
Reverse Crunches – great exercise to work your lower abs.
Russian Twist – recline while we target internal and external obliques on each side.
Plank – draw in your stomach to target your deepest abdominal layer.
Bicycle Crunches – combining flexion with rotation in one of the best ab moves out there.
Mountain Climber – weight-bearing, anti-gravity position works all the layers of your abs.
Double Leg Raise – my favorite to target and isolate the lower abs.
Side Plank Hip Dip – the most-effective way to work the lateral core muscles.
The fastest way to shred your abs in a hurry!
Want a toned, defined tummy but lack the time to get it? You don’t need a lot of time or even equipment to increase stomach definition, decrease fat, increase strength, and define that six-pack.
This ab workout requires zero equipment, hits every major muscle group in your abdomen, and is only 8 minutes long. It’s the perfect way to finish off any workout or for those days when you’re short on time.
So grab your timer and let’s get to work!
For this « 8-Minute Abs » routine, we’re going to be performing 8 of my favorite at-home exercises for your abs.
We’ll run through each of these 50 seconds on, 10 seconds off.
Keep in mind that because it’s only 8 minutes long I want you to push as hard as you can for each exercise during the 50-seconds « on » period.
This is a great way to tone and tighten your midsection and do a lot of work in not-a-lot of time.
Be sure to follow along on the video!
1. How To Do An Ab Crunch – 50 seconds on, 10 seconds off
– Lay on your back with your knees bent, your fingertips placed behind your ears.
– Contract your abs to lift your shoulder blades up off of the floor.
– Slowly return to the starting position.
2. How To Do A Reverse Ab Crunch – 50 seconds on, 10 seconds off
– Lay on your back with a slight bend in your knees and your feet on the floor.
– Engage your abs and keep your back flat while you raise both knees up towards your chest.
– Slowly return to the starting position, but don’t let your feet touch the floor.
3. How To Do A Russian Twist – 50 seconds on, 10 seconds off
– Sit in a reclined position leaning your torso back with your heels on the floor.
– Rotate your shoulders as far as you can to the left, and then back to the right.
– Continue rotating to each side.
4. How To Do A Plank – 50 seconds on, 10 seconds off
– Get in a low plank position on your elbows and toes.
– Your body should be in a straight line from your shoulders – hips – knees – ankles.
– Keep your stomach sucked in tight while holding this plank position.
5. How To Do A Bicycle Crunches – 50 seconds on, 10 seconds off
– Lay on your back with your hands placed behind your head.
– Lift your shoulder blades up off the floor and touch your right elbow to your left knee.
– Repeat to the other side by touching your left elbow to your right knee.
– Continue alternating in a slow, controlled manner.
6. How To Do A Mountain Climbers – 50 seconds on, 10 seconds off
– Get down in a tall plank position on your hands and toes.
– Bend your right knee up towards your right elbow and return to the starting position.
– Bend your left knee up towards your left elbow and return to the starting position.
7. How To Do A Double Straight-Leg Raise – 50 seconds on, 10 seconds off
– Lay on your back with your legs out straight.
– Keep your back flat, your stomach tight, and raise both straight legs up towards the ceiling.
– Slowly return to the starting position, but don’t let your heels hit the ground.
8. How To Do A Side Plank with Hip Dip- 50 seconds on, 10 seconds off
– Get into a side plank position on your left elbow and outside of your left foot.
– Let your left hip drop towards the floor, then engage the left obliques to push your right hip up towards the ceiling.
– Slowly return to the « down » (left hip towards floor) position and repeat.
You totally nailed it! You completed this « 8-Minute Ab Workout »!
Be sure to follow Tone and Tighten across all our social media channels!